Since a redesign back in 2018, the Honda Accord has secured praise from fans and critics alike, so much so that the design remains largely unchanged in the new decade. While many other midsize Sedans are scrambling to bring together the right set of features to get ready for the technological developments in the 2020s, the Accord is already prepared. That said, the true brilliance of the 2020 Honda Accord comes from the effort spent to put the best engine for the sedan under the hood.
2020 Honda Accord Engine Options
Two engines can be found inside the 2020 Honda Accord, allowing buyers to choose between power and price for the right sedan. The base engine for the 2020 Honda Accord is a 1.5L inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, paired with a continuously variable transmission. This engine produces 194 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque. The other engine option is a 2.0L inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that can generate up to 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque at its best. This more powerful engine is matched to a 10-speed shiftable automatic transmission, giving drivers plenty of control.
2020 Honda Accord Fuel Economy
Fuel efficiency depends on a few different factors, including the trim level and engine option.
- The 2020 Honda Accord LX, EX, and EX-L trims, when equipped with the 1.5L engine get 30 MPG* city and 38 MPG* highway.
- When the sedan is equipped with the 2.0L engine in the Sport and Touring trims, it gets an EPA estimated 22 MPG* city and 32 MPG* highway.
- The Sport trim with the base engine and continuously variable transmission gets 29 MPG* in the city and 35 MPG* on the highway. The same trim and engine with the 6-speed manual transmission manages 26 MPG* in the city and 35 MPG* on the highway.
- 23 MPG* city and 34 MPG* highway can be achieved with the EX-L trim and the 2.0L engine.
* Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition (hybrid trims) and other factors.
Test Drive the 2020 Honda Accord in Farmington, NM
Find the right Honda vehicle for you at the Melloy Honda dealership in Farmington, New Mexico. Call, chat online, or visit our location to schedule a test drive today!