Whether you’re looking for a premium crossover SUV or sleek sedan, you will find that nearly every vehicle is available with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. These innovative technologies make it easy to connect your smartphone in minutes and instantly be able to start using apps right on your vehicle’s touchscreen. Best of all, its easy to setup. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide.
Honda trims with Apple CarPlay list
The first thing to check is if your Honda is equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Here are the trims that are standard with the technologies:
- 2017 Honda CR-V EX, EX-L, Touring
- 2017 Honda Civic EX, EX-T, EX-L, Sport Touring, Touring, Si, Type R
- 2017 Honda Pilot EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite
- 2017 Honda Accord EX, EX-L, EX-L V6, Touring
- 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L, Touring
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T, RTL-E, Black Edition
- 2018 Honda Odyssey EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite
Once you can verify if you’re Honda has Apple CarPlay, it’s time to get started. First, make sure the vehicle is running and Siri is activated on your iPhone. Make sure you’re using an iPhone 5 or higher with iOS 7.1 or above running. Then simply connect your iPhone into the USB port with a smartphone icon. If the CarPlay Home screen doesn’t appear, then press the CarPlay logo on the car’s display. Then ask Siri what you need and the system will start the setup process for you. If you run into issues, make sure that Siri is on, that you’re running the latest version of iOS and potentially try restarting your phone or trying a different USB port.